imc CANSAS is designed for test and measurement tasks on test stands, industrial installations, vehicles and buldings. A variety of input and output modules cover the full range of electromechanical testing requirements. With three different module series and numerous specialty modules available, there is a suitable imc CANSAS product for every application and environment.
The imc CANSAS series offers a wide variety of module and housing types, ranging from simple temperature or voltage measurements from bridge, pressure and HV sources, up to special tasks, such as ignition timing measurements.
imc CANSAS: Housing Designs
Standard Versions universal and field-tested
Individual, stacked on the rail or in the rack—with the standard design, anything is possible. The modules can easily be integrated into a variety of environments.
imc CANSAS can be employed in a wide variety of settings. To meet the requirements of different measurements, there exists models of different heights and lengths, all with extruded aluminum housings and no internal fans.
The shape and design of the imc CANSAS housing is adapted to its function. The sealed housing serves simultaneously as a heat sink and as a mounting fixture. Multiple imc CANSAS modules can be attached together without the need of tools, by means of the tongue and groove stacking mechanism, or inserted into a module rack. The modules can be assembled on mounting platforms, or assembled on DIN type mounting rails.
imc CANSAS cassette versions – for permanent installation
In test rigs and production installations, or wherever multiple CANSAS modules are connected in a centralized setup, the cassette model is ideal. It applies the universal DSUB-15 standard interconnections, too. The design of the cassette modules allows for custom connectors to be constructed easily to the user‘s specification.
imc CANSAS-SL versions for extreme conditions
The imc CANSAS-SL versions are especially robust. They meet MIL STD810F standards—among the most stringent for resistance to temperature, vibration, contamination and shock. They are ideal to employ in off-road vehicles, other exposed machinery or anywhere that normal electronics can’t go. As with the standard modules, the design reflects the function.
The housing serves simultaneously as a heat sink and as a mounting fixture. Multiple imc CANSAS modules can be attached together without the need for tools, by means of the tongue and groove principle, or inserted into a module rack. The modules can be assembled on mounting platforms for assembly on DIN rails. The smooth surface makes it easy to clean following exposure to contaminants.
Typical application areas for the imc CANSAS-SL can be found everywhere—including applications where measurements need to be taken near the sensor, or a distributed arrangement is needed. These devices also function perfectly in areas where there may be large changes in temperatures…from -20 ° C to +85 ° C is (or -40 ° C to +120 ° C with imc µ-CANSAS), and where they may be excessive vibration, high humidity or splashing.
- Test stands
- Construction sites
imc CANSAS: Overview of conditioners and Modules
- Voltage & Temperature: C8, CI8, SC16, SCI8, SCI16
- High Isolation: HCI8, HVCI8
- Pressure: P8
- Bridges: DCB8
- Universal: UNI8
Digital In | Digital Out
- INC4, DI16, DO16, DO8R, PWM8
- imc CANSAS-SENT: is a versatile, flexible and cost-effective gateway that offers direct and easy access to SENT sensor data in various applications. Unique in the market, the imc CANSAS-SENT gateway converts data from SENT to CAN, thus, allowing for direct access of recorded CAN data from any data acquisition, testing or automation system. The advantage: SENT sensors are seamlessly integrated into measurement systems using a variety of signals, including analog signals, buses and other vehicles of digital I/O.
- imc CANSAS-IHR: measuring module allows the highly precise and interruption-free measurement of the current characteristics from 50 nA to 50 A. Responsible for the high range dynamics are two different measuring shunts, which are dynamically switched according to the strength of the current using an auto-ranging method.
- imc CANSAS-HCI8: measurement module allows safe and precise measurement of temperatures and low voltage signals riding on a high or indeterminate common mode level of up to 800 V. Typical applications include voltage or temperature measurements on high-voltage components for electric or hybrid vehicles, such as batteries, fuel cells and power circuits.
- imc CANSAS-IGN: ignition timing measurement module is a compact measurement unit which provides universally compatible CAN-Bus outputs of RPM and per-cylinder ignition timing for any spark-ignited engine up to 12 cylinders.